Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Comfort & Joy

The holidays are an emotional time - filled with highs and lows. One of my gal pals had a dream fulfilled Christmas morning while another had her heart broken. I have cried, laughed, gotten mad, felt satisfied... And this morning, something different. Just like the song says, I felt comfort and joy.

Not unlike the feeling when you get a swanky new pair of sneakers or platform knee-high boots. They bring a smile to your face and your feet because they look good and feel good.

See, this morning, I saw my future. I mean really saw it with clarity and a pure heart. And it is bright. So bright that it sometimes hurts my eyes from the beauty of it all. And I trust in that vision.

If you open your heart, you can sometimes receive gifts you weren't expecting. And that happened to me... a gift that wasn't just for my feet. It was for my heart and my soul. And that is my New Year's wish for you. I wish you comfort & joy in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment