Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Year in Review

This year I lost:
  • An Uncle and a Great-Aunt to death
  • Another Aunt to her choice
  • 50 pairs of shoes
  • My nerve at golf
  • My married name
This year I found:
  • Perspective
  • Hope
  • 8 unwanted pounds
  • My domestic side
  • My creative side
  • A renewed identity
  • A safe place
This year I learned:
  • I may not understand people's choices but I have to respect them.
  • I am not alone.
  • Not always knowing the answer has to be OK sometimes.
  • I can trust.
  • You can't always gain closure.
I wonder what I will lose, find and learn in 2012...

3 comments:

  1. This year (2011) I lost:

    - Direction

    (Later ) This year I found:

    - Why

    This year I learned:

    - Acceptance
    - Strength
    - Hope
    - Humility and, today, the courage to share

    ReplyDelete