Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Blessings

Christmas was different last year. I went to church by myself and had my realization about families. I went back to my parents' house for Christmas dinner for the first time in years (as they came to mine when I was married because of the chef who lived with me...) It was a bittersweet time.

This year is no less bittersweet. I have too many blessings to count. Not the least of which is being loved and seeing how bright the future is. But it is hard to be separated from loved ones. Even those you don't feel you know anymore.

But Santa has been beyond good to me. In fact, I don't think I deserve everything he brought me. But I am grateful. The worst is behind me now. I need to focus on the good and try not to belabor the hard times. As I've mentioned before, I am a work in progress, but I am going to try.

So on this Christmas Eve, as I have a glass of wine in front of my tree with my pups, I will be grateful for all that I have lost, found and learned in 2011. Tomorrow, I will cook my first Christmas dinner for my parents and grandparents and hope it is scrumptious. And each day this holiday season and beyond, I will wish you health and happiness and pray for the same.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment