Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Very Girlie

It has recently been brought to my attention that I am very girlie. High heels, dresses, make-up, etc. I can't help myself! I love sparkles and fashion and feeling pretty.

But just because I'm girlie doesn't mean that I'm not tough. Beneath the frills is a strong, independent woman who has survived many trials in life (often of my own making). Sometimes it is easy to forget that... at least it's easy for me to forget and I need a reminder. Sometimes that reminder comes from a friend. Sometimes it comes from my footwear.

Take these star-studded Jimmy Choo stilettos for example. The strappy sandal is as girlie as it gets but the studs give them just enough edge to be tough. That is just the combination I need to get me through difficult times. Well, shoes plus a fabulous friend who reminds me how strong (and delicate) I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment