Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let Me Call You Sweetheart

Do you have any nicknames? I have a ton! You may think Messy is the only one but there are more: CB, CC, Honeybee, Shooter, Mel, Bestie... just to name a few! And, I, of course am the queen of giving nicknames. I am involved in a yearlong leadership development journey and nicknamed everyone on my team.

I guess my fascination with nicknames started with my dad. I don't think he has ever called anyone he cares about by their actual name! My grandaddy also never calls me by name. Instead, he calls me Mess or Sweetheart. And there is nothing like hearing him say, "I love you,too, Sweetheart."

And that's what these bone colored peep toe platform pumps say to me. Sweetheart. They even have hot pink soles! Wearing them I feel sweet and want to show my heart.

Who calls you Sweetheart?

No comments:

Post a Comment