Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Confident in Polka Dots

When it comes to my job, I am completely confident. Yesterday reinforced that when I facilitated a retreat for a challenged board that couldn't have gone better if I had scripted it in advance. And the confidence didn't come from the peep toe polka dot wedges I was sporting either. It came from somewhere inside of me. The shoes are just a cute bonus!

In my personal life, however, I don't have the same confidence. In fact, I can be totally insecure at times. A very good friend of mine asked me why I can't carry the confidence I have at work into all aspects of my life. Good question!

So I'm resolving to do just that. To be honest, it really boils down to trust. Do I trust myself to make the right decisions? Do I trust when people say they care about me they are really telling the truth? Do I trust that I am a gift to those in my life? It sounds simple, right?

But it isn't simple. It's something I have to be intentional about. I shared in an earlier post that I often wear high heels because I feel more sure of myself in them. They help me take risks. So I'm going to harness my inner stiletto when I start to become insecure, scared, unsure (fill in appropriate adjective here) about my life. I'm going to stand tall and remember everything happens for a reason. And, in the end, everything is going to be OK.

Thank goodness I have people around me who keep me in check when needed... (And yes, I better print this out and keep it with me at all times as a reminder of what I have vowed today.)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Latin: Fortes fortuna iucat...Fortune favors the bold.

    ReplyDelete