Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, September 26, 2010

And so it began...

I had to find a baby picture for our staff appreciation celebration and discovered one of my favorites (left). Favorite that is until reality hit... My mother put me in white tights and white shoes IN DECEMBER??? Now I don't totally subscribe to the whole "white before Labor Day" rule but, if I recall, that was GOSPEL circa 1973, wasn't it??? Can this be defined as abuse?

Now I know what Grace would say, "what other color shoes would you have worn? The white matched your blouse!" Might I suggest black patent leather? Or how about my very first pair of candy apple red footwear? Something, anything but the predictable white?

OK, ok, I'll give Grace a break. She was doing what was "fashionable" back then. But if I could build a time machine, this photo shoot would be my first stop. Then I could turn myself into a rockin' fashion forward baby! Now, if only I could figure out how to photo shop this picture to give it the sass it truly needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment