Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Happiest Happy Place

As I got ready to see Dave Matthews at Wrigley Field, I really wanted to wear my new HD boots with skinny jeans (read my earlier blog Biker Chic) but since we were taking the El and walking, I decided to be practical (yes, I was feeling alright). Thankfully, practical means wearing my uber-cute Kangaroos sneakers!

I've mentioned before (My Happy Place) how cuckoo for Dave I am. Actually, I was at a conference earlier this year when Zeus called me from seeing Dave at Fenway. A guy at my table said, "who's Dave?" I replied, "Dave Matthews". And he said, "you're on a first name basis?" Uh, HELLLOOOO....

So going to Dave concerts has always been a place where I am happiest. Earlier this year, I saw him in West Palm with one of my best friends and we had an AMAZING time at the 3 hour show. I never thought I could top any of his shows... until Wrigley.

Picture the Chicago skyline on a gorgeous night seeing Dave through the eyes of someone who has never seen him before but who you pray will love it. Now imagine dancing the whole time. Not to mention the fact that he opened with One Sweet World!

It is a memory I will not soon forget for many reasons. To be perfectly honest, I was so happy being there that I forgot altogether what was on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment