Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feeling Right

As I continue my Happiness Project, the next questions to reflect on are: Is there any way in which you don't feel right about your life? Do you wish you could change your job, city, family situation, or other circumstances? Are you living up to your expectations for yourself? Does your life reflect your values?

Now THAT is a BIG series of questions! I wouldn't say there is a way I don't feel right about my life but there are obviously areas for improvement or I wouldn't be starting this journey. You should ask me next week if I wish I could change my job. I do wish I could understand my family (and specifically some members) better. I wish there wasn't the rift that exists between my brother and me. I wish people in my family could be kinder and value one another more, but there is a reason you pick your friends and not your family, right?

I don't know that wish is the right word but I do hope I will still have the opportunity to be a mom. It has always been a dream of mine and one I haven't completely given up on despite my rising age. I do wish I could live a life without secrets... one that means being open and honest in all relationships.

I am not sure what expectations I ever had for myself at age 38 other than being a wife, mother, successful professional, good friend and daughter. Well, 60% isn't bad, is it? Seriously, though, career is (obviously) extremely important to me and I am happy where I am thus far. I do feel that I am good to my family and friends although should probably poll them for their perspective. And I am now positive that the right relationship is more important than being able to say I am married. And I have also learned that having that right relationship is the most important foundation for parenting.

And lastly, does my life reflect my values? Two years ago I would have had to say no. But today, I believe for the most part it does. Having said that, I need to spend some time thinking about my values...

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment