Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And The Oscar Goes To...

Oscar night is one of my favorite nights of the year. The red carpet, the glitz, the glamour, even the awful speeches! And this year I was more excited than normal. So excited that even Stella and Sophie dressed for the occasion.

As I poured my glass of champagne and settled in to watch the red carpet, I suddenly thought what a difference a year makes. Last year, as I poured my glass of champagne one phone call brought my world crashing down around me. A call that informed me that my marriage had indeed been a sham. And learning this, while searching for my missing ex-husband, was a lot to process and almost beyond imaginable. (He was later found unscathed.)

But here I am, a year later, happier and more peaceful than I can ever remember being. So much so that people are commenting to that effect. Last year, I spent the night in denial, in hysterics, in what-ifs... you know the drill. This year, I toasted the night, giggled at my glamour pups and indulged in shrimp cocktail and scallops wrapped in bacon. I went to bed wrapped in love, not in fear as I had last year.

A friend told me you don't realize the depths of the sadness a divorce brings until you are through it. And I now realize how true that is. It is only since I have had closure and been able to move on that I now realize survival mode kept me moving a lot of the time. And now, I am enjoying exploring who I am post-divorce. Second chances do happen. And I am so blessed and thankful to have received mine. (Now I just hope George has a second chance at an Oscar!)


No comments:

Post a Comment