Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Save a Horse...


When I was in High School, I was OBSESSED with cowboy boots. Ever since the movie Footloose when Ariel's bad boy boyfriend said, "does your daddy know you wear red boots?" And she responded, "my Daddy hates these boots."

Fast forward to college in the early nineties and my life was made when people actually wore plaid JCrew shirts and cowboy boots at BC. I immediately headed to Nordstrom and bought my red cowgirl boots (OK, they weren't authentic but I couldn't get to Texas!)

I haven't seen a pair in years but recently started thinking of them again. I've mentioned my bucket list to you before, and visiting Austin is on it. Not only do I want to go for the music, but to find an authentic pair of red cowgirl boots. And PETA can't object to me buying authentic boots, can they? It's not like I wear a size 15 and they would have to skin a bunch of iguanas to make them... I mean a size 8 is like what, one snake?

And yes, every time I start thinking about those boots I can't help but hum Big & Rich Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. After all, that's what Ariel was doing before she put those boots back on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment