Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Rainy Day Wish

As you know, I wrote a bucket list a few months back. It includes places I'd like to go, things I want to accomplish, etc. One specific thing on it may shock you. I've never been kissed in the rain. Seriously, in all my 36 years on this planet (including the years spent dating and married!), I've never been kissed in the rain. I've golfed in a monsoon but have never been kissed in the rain.

Now if you have done this, you'll probably want to tell me it is overrated and not at all like you see in the movies. And just like the bride who says if she had to do it all over again she wouldn't have the big wedding, I don't believe you. (just so you know, brides only say this because they HAD the big affair...) In my mind, it is more romantic than in the movies.

Which begs the question, what footwear is appropriate for such an activity? You have to be prepared for such a spontaneous occasion, don't you? I mean, you'd hope it would be a summer shower so as to not freeze to death. That means I'd be wearing a dress, right? Or shorts and a t-shirt? Perhaps golf attire? (hmmm... now there's an idea - kissing in the rain on a golf course! The shoe question would already be solved for me then.) I've always wanted Hunter wellies (pictured above). They would keep my feet dry (practical) and red is sexy, right? But does anyone want to kiss a girl in bright red golashes?

I sure hope it doesn't take another 36 years to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment