Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

But I'm Not Even Wearing Shoes!


I am currently on the road for 15 days. Not all work, of course, but a heck of a big suitcase. Can you imagine how tough it is to decide what shoes to take for 15 days??? But I learned a valuable lesson in Boca Raton.

As I walked on the beach under an almost full moon and watched the light dance across the ocean I thought of happiness. The kind of simple, unadulterated happiness that we don't often recognize or allow ourselves to stop and experience. Now, don't get me wrong, I can lay like broccoli with the best of them but my typical vegetation time happens in front of the TV when I come home exhausted from a trip.

So imagine my delight when, I took off my gold gladiator sandals, slipped my toes in the sand, sat on a beach chair and just looked. Sat and soaked in all of the beauty and wonder around me. And you know what I felt in that moment? Peace, happiness and hope. And an excitement to see what lies ahead.

So what's the moral of my story? That you do indeed need to drop the stilettos every once in a while. You never know what joys await...

No comments:

Post a Comment