Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Road Warrior

It is a beautiful Saturday morning and I'm home, home, home. I've been on the road for a few weeks... Greenville, Cleveland, New Orleans, Greensboro. Coming up are St. Pete and New Bern. It is so sweet when people seem sympathetic about all of my traveling; despite the fact that it is the very basis for how I earn a living.

Now, having acknowledged that this is my job, I must admit that it does get draining. Many Sunday afternoons and Friday nights spent in airports. Lots of early mornings and late nights. Believe me, it is not all glamor. Therefore, it is important to splurge on things that make you look and feel good. This week I was pampered with a manicure, pedicure, and later today, a facial. Paul thinks these are luxuries; however, spending so much time in dry hotels and at 30,000 feet, I think they are necessities.

My brand new Italian made hand-painted shoes shown above, however, that's the luxury. As Paul said, "you spent more on these shoes than we did at Costco last weekend..." You bet I did! These will last way longer than the TP and paper towels! I think of them as an investment.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, that heel looks like a WEAPON! But they are so YOU!

    ReplyDelete