Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unconditional Love


As I'm cleaning the kitchen from last night's fajita fiesta, I walk into the family room to find that Sophie has just thrown up. On my Ugg boots. Yep, my relatively new (2 months), charcoal gray, short Uggs. And what did I do? I asked Soph if she was OK. I pet her little head and calmly walked into the kitchen to remove the mess from my boot.

I've always thought how blessed I am because our pups have never thought of my shoes as chew toys. But now I understand the horror finding half-eaten shoes must evoke from shoe-obsessed moms like me. And it is the unconditional love for our furry beings that keep us from screaming, yelling or harming them in any other way. How can I be mad at that little face?

Maybe I'll soon be ready for motherhood after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment