Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Dream a Little Dream

My brother and I were blessed to have all 4 grandparents until we were 20 and 24 respectively. That year, 1994, our Dad's parents passed 10 months apart. Granddad had been sick. Before Grandma died, she said goodbye to everyone in her way. When we got the call, just before Thanksgiving, the nuns said "the angels knocked on the wrong door last night". But they hadn't. Grandma vowed she wouldn't go through the holidays without Granddad. They had been married 57 1/2 years when he died after all. So we believe she died of a broken heart and because she wanted to be with him.

That love is hard to come by and one of the reasons we were honored to get married on Grandma and Granddad's wedding date.  The grandparent/grandchild relationship is one of the most special that exists and I am so excited to see how it evolves for our baby.

Every once in a while I get a gift - my grandparents visit me in my dreams.  It happens more with my Grammie than anyone and that could be because I asked her to on her death bed (a girl can believe). But rarely does it happen with my Dad's parents. Last night, however, they were in my dream.

I can't tell you anything about the dream except I awoke happy.  And what could be better than that?  So this is dedicated to all the wonderful grandparents out there - thanks for making us feel so special. And for spoiling us!

No comments:

Post a Comment