Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Absence Makes the Heart...

T and I both travel for work, so most weeks we are away from each other for 2-4 nights at a time. Sometimes we get a gift and have to be at the same event so we travel together. That part rocks.

The biggest gift of all has been the last 3 and a 1/2 weeks. It's the longest stretch we've ever known of sleeping in the same place at the same time.  Being together every single day.  So this morning, as we said goodbye I got weepy.  We get so used to the routine of being apart that it is just second nature. But after spending all this time together, it became more evident than ever... I miss him when we are in two different places!

But, as he says, we have to work. So he drives 3 hours to his destination and I head to the airport. Or vice versa. Or one of us stays behind. What is most important, however, is that we always come home as quickly as we can.

So I guess the old adage is true - absence does make the heart grow fonder. But being together a lot does the same thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment