Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Giving Thanks

An attitude of gratitude can change your mindset. Well, so they say. To that end, we started keeping a gratitude journal earlier this year. I have to admit we don't write it in everyday but try to as much as we can.  Of course, the most important entry was Todd's in September :)

But I can't let this important holiday go by without giving thanks.  So here goes:


  • Todd and I are getting married! We honor our love everyday.
  • Stella is playing like a puppy again! We know there is no cure but everyday she is here is a gift.
  • Todd and I hosted a blended Thanksgiving for our families. You hear nightmares from people about moms meeting but this meet-up went great!
  • I have jobs I love that allow me to work with driven and supportive people - at LeadingAge and Keaton Row. Everyday I get to follow my passion!
  • My friends are amazing people who lift one another up and support through the good and the bad.  Oh, and they are the most fun!
  • My brother and family bring the crazy train to our house from time to time. It's awesome to have this house filled to the roof with family!
  • My parents are appreciative and supportive and we get to see them all the time.
  • Todd's kids and I are continuing to develop relationships with one another.
  • My Goddaughters still want to hang out with me as they grow older - may it last through the teenage years!
  • Sophie is still our hoggie.
  • We have safety and security.
Everyday isn't easy and we have our struggles just like everyone else but we have each other.  And I am thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment