Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Luckiest Girl in the World

I knew it was coming. Eventually. Todd just kept saying "trust me". And I do. As a matter of fact, I hated being "that girl". You know the one who drinks too much wine and says "don't you want to marry me?" (Yep, that happened.)

So when he said he had made a reservation I was a tiny bit suspicious.  I'm the reservation maker in this relationship.  The day we were to go to dinner I tried to back out because we hadn't had a good night sleep the night before (now I know why he hadn't), but he responded "We're going." And then he came downstairs somewhat dressed up. (Todd says he was just wearing a button down and pants but the next night we went to a birthday dinner for friends at a restaurant and he wore a Harley shirt and jeans. I'm just sayin'.)

So as I put on a dress, did my makeup and grabbed my incredible Giuseppe Zanotti slingback birthday stilettos (yes, this was the first wear even though my birthday was in December. #weneedtogetoutmore), I thought, could this be the night?  Then I quickly brushed that thought away because who pops the question on a random Friday night?

Once downstairs, I sat on the bench of our morning room table fiddling with my shoe.  Todd asked what I had written in our gratitude journal that day. (We started keeping one a few months ago - yep, we are that couple.) He then walked over and gave me the journal, "You should see what I wrote today."

Will you marry me? Please?

He was squatting down in front of me with an open ring box (can't kneel - bad knees) and I started shaking and crying and hugging and said yes.  Of course I said yes.  Then I looked at the ring and it is the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen.

Suddenly and since I've felt different. I already feel married in my heart but somehow being engaged shifted something inside me.  I don't know how to describe it. I just feel wonderful and special and loved beyond measure. And I get to make sure Todd feels that way everyday for the rest of our lives.

Who is the luckiest girl in the world?




1 comment: