Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Chicken or the Egg

It is hard to remember if I became passionate before they became popular or vice versa. What's the they you ask?  Shoes, wine, French Bulldogs and pigs (in no particular order). As I Christmas shop I have seen:


  • wine glasses with inscriptions about shoes - "Shoes speak louder than words." "Shoe love is true love." (Both very true statements.)
  • French bulldog cashmere sweaters, totes, statues, notebooks, pajamas, sweatshirts, shoes, ornaments - the list goes on and on. (All good things.)
  • signs for the home with slogans about wine and shoes, pictures of shoes and wine, high-heel shaped wine bottle holders and wine bottle stoppers, etc. (Again, all good things.)
  • pig statues and ornaments and stuffed animals and... the piece de resistance...

Christmas Hoggie.  Just what every home needs.  Well, this one anyway. (What would Sophie do if she saw this?  Stella wouldn't even notice but Sophie may attack!)

So chicken or the egg?  Trend or passion - which came first? I tend to believe I am a trendsetter and so retailers have just finally caught up.  

What are you passionate about?  (Besides family, friends, work, faith, etc. These passions are extras! And I refuse to call them obsessions despite what others around me say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment