Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flatter Me

When people think shoes and me, I think they automatically think high heels. You know, the kind that make people say, how do you walk in those? And I love heels. I love to be tall. I love the confidence that comes from wearing them - you can't slouch, you must walk with a firm step. They are sexy and strong - just like I aspire to me. (Not to mention they come in handy when kissing a certain 6'2" handsome gentleman...)

But lately, I've been drawn to flats. Why can't I be sexy and strong in those too? Let's face it, I spend a lot of time in airports and walking around conferences. And I'm ready to admit it - 4" heels aren't always comfortable. So this spring, you will seen a flatter me (get it? I love a good pun!) I'm going to come down out of the clouds and embrace some cute and sassy comfort. Like these turquoise beauties with the lime green lining. Don't they just make you want to kick up your step? And I'll be able to kick it a lot longer than in my favorite stilettos.

I do wonder if people will still comment on my ballet slipper look as much as the highest of platforms. I guess this will be a sociological experiment of sorts. (OK, that may be a bit of a stretch.) But, more importantly, I wonder how that 6'2" handsome gentleman will feel about me standing on my tip-toes for a smooch... One thing is for certain - I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment