Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Friday, March 26, 2010

"How do you Walk in Those?!"


I often get asked this question. I normally laugh and say "one foot in front of the other"! I get that the majority of people I work with don't wear 3.5 - 5 inch heels on a regular basis. But is it really that much of a mystery that a grown woman can walk in heels? Does this mean I'll get further in life because I have such a "special gift"? How does anyone walk in anything? Isn't it the same no matter what footwear you are sporting? OK, I know, I should probably be flattered by the question but for some reason this week it is really bugging me. Am I overreacting? Probably. Sometimes I just can't deal.

I do love these Calvin Klein, suede, platform sandals though. I feel powerful in them: I am woman, watch me walk!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could wear those tall shoes -- it would help cause I'm short. There is a shoe gene in my family that I missed. My mom & sisters love shoes and have many. They have cute, little feet and I don't. I'm happy with comfy sneakers and flip flops, most of the time, or bare feet. By the way -- those are georgeous shoes -- have fun wearing and walking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you wrote this forever ago, but when I read this article all i could think about was this post.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/06/09/how-to-walk-in-high-heels-college-course-slammed-as-a-waste-of-money-by-taxpayers-alliance-115875-22320587/

    ReplyDelete