Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

These Old Things?!

Last year (it seems so weird to write that!), I had the privilege and honor of being the Social Media Host at our Annual Meeting in Denver.  By the end of the week I was even promoted to Maven!  This meant being on stage at our general session each day and asking our members to tweet, text and Facebook about their experiences at the conference.  Oh, and I was talking in front of a few thousand of my closest (not really) friends.

One of the highlights of the experience - and there were many - was when I read a message from one of my Academy classmates.  She talked about good friends, making the most of the week and even going home with a new pair of shoes.  Of course I commented I hoped I could go shoe shopping too so my chair, who was on stage with me, pointed at my black patent leather Calvin Klein Mary Janes with the red tortoise shell embellishment and said, "those?"  And I replied, "these old things?!"  (yep, the crowd even laughed!)

And, quite literally, they have been in my closet for a few years.  I wore them when I finished the Leadership Academy experience in 2010 and they are my excuse to wear a red dress and feel sassy and confident in front friends, colleagues and complete strangers.  These old favorites never let me down!


No comments:

Post a Comment