Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Christmas Miracle

Tis the season of miracles. If I hadn't been there, I wouldn't have believed it. It hasn't happened, well, ever. This Christmas, my grandparents, parents, brother and wife, pups, niece and nephews and the love of my life gathered to celebrate the holiday.

Faithful readers know that I have struggled being out of contact with my brother for the better part of the past decade. A few months ago, he emailed me.  The emails turned into texts. The texts turned into phone calls and I saw him for the first time and met my two youngest nephews shortly after Mom came home from rehab after her big surgery. When my 3 year old nephew walked in, handed me a turkey made from a pine cone and said, "I made this for you, Aunt Messy", I was in shock. He acted like he had just seen me last Tuesday.  Truly amazing.

So I really didn't think the next event would happen - this early Christmas celebration. I was so suspicious it was real that I said we have to photograph it. So my sister-in-law (yep, finally got to meet her!) brought the camera and tripod and we now photographic proof thanks to the above family portrait.

I don't know why he reached out. I still don't know what happened to cause him not to talk to me. But what I do know, true to my word in earlier blogs, he has been accepted with open minds, open hearts and a hint of trepidation. You can't blame me for that, can you?

It has been an incredible holiday season for me so far. I have been blessed with friends, family and fun:

  • Early Christmas with the family - including Zoo Lights with brother, sister-in-law, niece and 3 nephews
  • Cookie swap with a new group of gal pals - including an early baking date with a great friend
  • Shrek the Halls with my niece, nephew and their mom
  • Dave Matthews in concert with T
  • Wonderful birthday date for my special day - and don't forget my Jimmy Choos!
  • Annual Christmas shopping and breakfast with Dad
  • Christmas with my bestie and her family, parents and aunt and uncle yesterday - including awesome Christmas ornaments made by my beautiful goddaughters and a surprise from my bestie - recipe cards written by my grandmother that she gave Mel for her bridal shower.  She copied them and gave me the originals.  Yes, of course I cried.  You would have too!
  • Still to come - Shrek the Halls and dinner double date with friends
  • National Christmas tree with T
  • Christmas day with my family
Can you believe all of this? I can't! 2012 is ending beautifully for me and I can't wait to see what 2013 holds.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours. I wish you health, happiness and blessings in the New Year. 

1 comment:

  1. Truely a miracle. Thanks for the call and heads-up on this beautiful photo. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete