Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lady in Red

I just completed a year long journey called Leadership AAHSA. Meant to help me transform as a leader, this program didn't just change me professionally. It forced me to reflect on my life - where I've been, where I'm going, who I truly want to be - and thus changed me personally.

3 weeks ago in Los Angeles, the Leadership AAHSA fellows were "celebrated". I was so blessed to have people at the reception whom I truly care about - best friends, colleagues, mentors, coaches - and who truly care about me. In a sense, it was a "re-emergence" for so much has changed for me in the past year. It wasn't just a celebration of the journey... it was a celebration of those who helped me along the way.

I am not the same person I was a year ago. (For one thing, I'm blonde.) I am dedicated to living the most authentic life I can. And I am choosing happiness. Happiness isn't something that just happens - you have to seize it by getting out of your comfort zone and taking risks.

6 months ago, I journaled that I wanted to "wear a red dress and be noticed, be loved." I had forgotten that journal entry until the plane home from LA. And do you know what I wore on that celebratory occasion? A red dress and these black patent leather Calvin Kleins with a red tortoiseshell accent. As I was told by some, "that dress is fierece/those shoes are killer".

So I was noticed. And I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment