Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Friday, November 23, 2012

Shoe Karma

I know, I know.  I haven't written in way too long.  To be honest, the creative juices just haven't been flowing.  I'm really not sure what to attribute that to but I'm going to try and be more faithful to my blog.  And what better way than to talk about shoe karma?!


Now, I wrote about this topic earlier in the year when I talked about what superhero power I would have. As it turns out, TOMS also wants the same superpower but is actually doing something about it.  And now, in small part, so have I.  It all started in Savannah, when I saw the multi glitter TOMS in a storefront window.  My girlfriend and I were there for some quality girl time (shopping, spaing, drinking, eating) and we went in to try them on.  I was immediately in love and had to purchase.  She also got an awesome pair of wedge booties.  We walked out feeling good - we had purchased fabulous footwear AND helped a child somewhere in the world get a pair of shoes.  We are superheroes!

When my mom saw them, she immediately remarked that she wanted a pair too. (strangely, enough, Amy's Mom said the same about hers!)  So when Mom came out of the hospital after major surgery, I presented her with her very own pair of black glitter TOMS.  We all need a little sparkle in our lives!

But this is where the story gets even better.  Because I helped Amy move and decorate her new place, she bought me a present.  Yep, you guessed it, none other than the awesome flannel shearling lined TOMS I put on my shoe bucket list a few months ago!

So, let's recap.  I bought TOMS for me and for Mom.  Amy bought TOMS for herself and for me.  That means 4 pairs of shoes have been given to children in need.  I believe my shoe karma has been reversed!  You get what you give to this universe after all.  And I say, shoes for everyone!

(And for those who don't believe, let's not forget my mojo shoes that were returned to me last year thanks to my Bestie and a little thing called shoe karma.)

No comments:

Post a Comment