Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Little Bit Stronger

Transitions are hard. Even if the change is something you know is right, the space and time in which it occurs can still be difficult. The saying goes "time heals (heels) all wounds", and I do think that is true. It's the waiting for the time to pass and the healing to be complete that can be grueling.

I didn't realize how topsy-turvy I would feel at the final stage of this transition. I'm even more surprised that I still feel empathy after so much hurt. But I don't feel the need to rescue anymore. And I don't feel the need to sacrifice myself - the cost is too high.

So I guess that means I'm healing, right? And maybe getting a little bit stronger? Two months ago certain emails or texts would have sent me over the edge. Today, I breathe deeply and feel what I feel. Then I try and move past it. I try not to let the feelings paralyze me.

So in honor of me getting stronger, I'm the proud owner of these Charles by Charles David wedge summer sandals. No falling down in these shoes. They mean business. And so do I. One thing I have learned in the past year is that I can do this. I can choose happiness. I can let go - even if it is a very small bit at a time. And that doesn't mean I'm not loyal. And it doesn't mean I didn't try. It just means I know when to say when.

And with strength comes hope. I still believe in love. It may sound crazy to you, but I believe that it's possible. Some days I may feel damaged, but someone will love me despite that. And they will help me heal completely. That sounds like a strong outlook, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment