Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Off to a Good Start

I was ready for 2010 to come to an end. Truth be told, it was the most bittersweet year of my life. A lot of changes and I'm not sure what comes next. But I do know that I am making a good home for me, Stella & Sophie. It is scary, for sure, but isn't change always scary?

So it seems fitting that on the last day of 2010, we got blinds. Yep, we have been living in this house for 14 months with temporary blinds. Pathetic but very telling about the road we'd been traveling. So now we have beautiful blinds (on the first floor at least) and every night I close them and every morning I open them. Who knew I would ever be so excited about blinds?

But lest you think I've completely lost my mind, on the first day of 2011 I bought these beauties. No, they aren't the Bucket List Boots. I mean do you seriously think I could splurge on those right now? I'm the proud owner of blinds, remember? Anyway, they are still "delicious" as one facebook friend called them - black, suede, over the knee platforms with 5 inch heels. (And if you want to know where I'll wear these, let me tell you. Out with the girls, to the grocery store, to a dinner party - shoot, I'll wear them while operating my Kitchen Aid mixer! Who knows... I'll wear them everywhere!)

And I get to spend the second day of 2011 with my bestie and her family. And I know there are a bunch of special moments in store for me today. I don't know about you, but I think 2011 is off to a great start. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment