Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Monday, January 24, 2011

Love Kills Slowly

As I've mentioned before, I'm extreme. Either happy and laughing or dark and twisty (yes, I stole this from Grey's Anatomy but it is totally appropriate). When I'm dark and twisty, my footwear taste is a bit different. Enter my Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" snow boots. I fell in love with them and had to have them during a difficult time in my life. I not only like what they say but they are knee high, silver and fur-lined. I mean, what's not to love?

But the other day I wore these boots and got to thinking, does love really kill slowly? The saying goes, "you can't help who you love"; but is that true? And if it is, and the love is something that isn't good for you, is it the love that kills you slowly or your choices about said love? We've all been there... a relationship we intuitively know is bad for us yet we stay in it. Why do we stay? Is it truly because we can't turn our back on love?Or is it because we don't have the courage to walk away?

I wish I had the answer to this when I was in my 20s... in the end, I walked away. But then, it wasn't really love anyway.

I know, that is a lot to think about on a cold Monday. But unlike our snowfall this winter, my thoughts are deep!


No comments:

Post a Comment