Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

It is amazing how much has changed in a year. Last Thanksgiving, I made my first pies. Today, I not only made pies but cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner from scratch. And it all came out at the same time and was actually yummy!

This time last year, I was unhappy and not living the most authentic life. Today, I am smiling and relaxed after spending the day with my parents, Stella and Sophie. I have so much to be thankful for - family, friends, a roof over my head, a good job.

I still have ups and downs, don't get me wrong. In fact, I was on the phone with my girlfriend Luanne during one of my downs last week (which happened to take place in Target). As I was chatting with her, I fell in love with these amazing slippers but decided not to splurge as I am trying to stick to a budget. Imagine my delight and surprise when I opened the mail yesterday to find those awesome pink plush slippers with sequins in a box from Luanne. How blessed am I to have such an amazing friend? My wish for you is that you have that special friend who would surprise you with fabulous footwear - and for whom you would return the favor. Now that is something to say thank you about!

And as I reflect on how much has changed in the past year, I can only imagine how much will change in the next. Who else will be at my Thanksgiving table besides Mom and Dad? One thing I know for sure, I will be thankful to have them there.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too (well, I'm a bit late). I have those same fleece pants!!! LOL they are so comfy. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete