Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back to Basics

So I've been contemplating life a lot lately... A LOT. Attribute it to getting older, the leadership course (which is more of a journey than anything) I'm taking or good old fashioned soul searching; but I am extremely introspective lately. I've been asking myself "what does it all mean" and "what do I want" among other questions.

Some answers have been easy to come by. I want to be happy. I want those I care about to be happy. I want to work hard and make a difference. I want to be healthy - eating better, working out, getting enough sleep, etc. I want to spend time with those I care about doing the things we love - theater club, shopping, eating, drinking, traveling and definitely golfing. I want to have more art in my life. I want to make time to write and to read. I want to walk on a beach and pick up sea shells with no time constraints. Really, it's about getting back to the basics and seeing where the basics take me.

Just like a good pair of basic black heels. Everyone needs a pair - they are the basis for any wardrobe. So I'm going to think about what it all means while revisiting the basics of life that make me happy. It won't be easy. I have to commit and be intentional, but I think it's worth a try. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment