Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shoes Before Breath


Have I ever told you about Grammie? Grammie was my mom's mom and I loved her more than words can say. She died 6 years ago and I think of her almost every day. Grammie loved to shop. We always had the best girls' day out - especially when I got older. For the last 5 years of her life, Grammie was on oxygen (she had COPD and emphysema) so we would have to take her portable tanks with us. I will never forget a time we were in Marshall's (yes, Grammie LOVED Marshall's, and passed that love down to me) and I looked at her tank. The gauge read it was empty! I freaked out, ran to the car, got the other tank, ran back and we switched. I asked Grammie why she didn't say anything about her tank running low and she responded, Because, Melissie, we are in the shoe aisle.

Now do you understand where I get my priorities?

No comments:

Post a Comment