Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me.

How come, when you are little, birthdays are all about THE big day? And when you get older, it seems to be more about days gone by? Or is it just me? Today is my 36th birthday - closer to 40 than 30. I'm not sure where the time has gone. It was a great day. Breakfast with a friend, lunch with friends, tons of Facebook wall posts and phone calls. Yet, I found myself at the desk in my home office writing a letter to a family member who hasn't spoken to me in 5 and a 1/2 years.

I remember so many birthdays when the card that meant the most was from him. And I still have Winnie the Pooh he gave me for my first birthday. And the one he gave me for my twenty-first. Two of my most prized possessions - can you believe they aren't shoes?

Women's Classic TallAll I wanted for my birthday were these chestnut Uggs (if you don't own Uggs, go immediately to uggs.com and order a pair!) but I'd actually trade all my shoes for a phone call from my brother. Is my age showing?

No comments:

Post a Comment