Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Birthday/Christmas Miracle


Some people believe that if you put something out into the universe, it can come back to you. I'm not sure I believe it but something good has happened. And no, I did not hear back from my brother. As a matter of fact, as I wrote him he was emailing another family member making it perfectly clear he wanted nothing to do with me. And I cried. But then...

I had the best talk with my mom and then my dad (separately). They affirmed that it is time for us to move on as a family. My dad actually told me I was a wonderful daughter and he was proud of me. I can count the number of times he has said something like that on one hand. That is not a criticism. My dad just plays things close to the vest. He also said he considers Paul his son.

If my brother chooses to reconnect with us, we will accept him with open hearts and open arms. Until then, we will continue to make memories together. Mom, Dad, Paul, me and the rest of our family.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and only pray the ice stays away so we can have Christmas together. But if the ice does come my feet will be toasty... Paul arrived home last night with my Chestnut Uggs under his arms.

Christmas miracles do happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment