Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

BYOP


So tomorrow is our first Thanksgiving in the new house. Paul has been cooking Thanksgiving dinner since we were married. As a matter of fact, as soon as we were married, my mother announced she was "retired" from preparing holiday meals. On our first Thanksgiving, I thought (naive girl that I am) my family could embrace the "what I am thankful for" tradition. That was the first and last time we attempted such a ritual because 2 of my family members (who shall remain nameless but know who they are) started laughing saying they had nothing to offer up. How about the good old standby "I'm happy I'm above ground"? Anyway, my father said he was thankful I married someone who could cook...


Fast forward to tomorrow. Paul will be doing the cooking (everything except cranberry sauce because I demand canned, Ocean Spray, jellied cranberry sauce with the can marks on it. It's a tradition for goodness sake!) and I have decided to bake pies. From scratch. When asked what kind of pie he would like, my father said he didn't care. My mother told him I was cooking. He responded he would "bring his own pie". Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment