Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Catholic School Flashback

Last Day of School, June 1983 (4th Grade)
Between grade school, high school and college, I went through 16 years of Catholic School.  And 12 of those were in a uniform. I honestly didn't mind wearing a uniform because I didn't have to ever worry about what to wear.  The days when you could wear what you wanted?  Holy stress!

As I sat in church today, I was reminded of those days while the young uniformed girls went up to receive their ashes.  Green plaid skirt, white collared shirt, nondescript footwear.  Ah, the memories.

Looking back, I must attribute some of my love of fashion to those days. After wearing what I was told for so long, of course I developed the desire to be original, to have a style all my own, to help others develop their own style.  And to get as far away from sensible rubber soled shoes as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment