Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Funny? Adventuresome?

I'm not adventuresome   I know I seem that way judging by my footwear but I'm really not.  I'm not a risk-taker and suffer from chronic worrying - a trait I inherited from my maternal grandmother.  And I am plagued by this fact.  Yesterday, in our Innovations Team meeting at work, we were asking to name a truth about ourselves and something we wished was true and I responded, "funny and adventuresome."  I think you know which is fact and which is wish already.

So I am vowing to change that. The real reason?  I think my life is too cocooned.  I have work, work, work, boyfriend, pups, friends, family, reading, TV and work. Quite frankly, I am so blessed but I feel like I should be doing more.  So I have officially become a volunteer with the French Bulldog Rescue Network.  And last night I was elected Secretary to my Homeowners Association Board of Directors.  I can't tell you how hard it was to apply for both opportunities due to my fear of rejection but I did it and am now thrilled to be developing new relationships that are mission based.  I'm even going to try Bikram Yoga with some girlfriends although I am desperately afraid of the heat and can feel the panic rising just thinking about it.

And next week, in St. Thomas, I will take a boat to St. John even though I'm afraid of the water.  If not, Todd and I could miss out on a beautiful day and I can't let that happen.

So none of this may seem adventuresome to you but it sure feels that way to me. So what is true about you and what do you wish was true?

No comments:

Post a Comment