Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Have Enough Shoes?!?

This morning I was in my closet picking out my clothes for the day and suddenly a realization hit me like a thunderbolt... I have enough shoes. Now I know enough is a relative term and some might say I have more than enough. But I think I simply have, well, enough.

And you should know I have been downsizing. In the past few months I have purged clothing and shoes alike. Purple Heart and Vietnam Vets of America have certainly benefited.  But I also benefited as I took advantage of consigning for the first time. Chic Envy - a fabulous shop - opened a location less than a mile from my house.You can consign 20 items at a time and I couldn't believe they chose 16 of mine. Including some shoes that I just don't wear anymore even though they are still fabulous:

Tahari Ivory/Black Patent

Via Spiga Camel Patent with Ivory Piping

Calvin Klein Micro-Suede Strappy Sandal

It's not that I don't love each of these it's just that I don't wear them so why shouldn't someone else enjoy them (and I'll enjoy the 50/50 split!)? So yes, I think I have enough. I know T is worried that this purge means there will be a later surge but I don't think so. I think I'll just live with what I have for a while. Unless of course something REALLY special catches my eye ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment