Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Days


Thursday night, as responsible grown-ups were stocking up on toilet paper, eggs and milk due to the pending blizzard; I was addressing a bigger crisis. No snow boots! Can you believe a woman obsessed with footwear does not own water-resistant boots? I own boots that "claimed" to be snow boots but have never seemed to truly live up to that name. So I headed to Mecca, I mean DSW. As I walked up the boot aisle, it was as if a spotlight appeared from above to show me the greatest gift to snowy weather. Uggs makes rubber boots with that amazing sheepskin lining? I held my breath as I looked for my size. Women were multiplying like bunnies all around me as they reached for this coveted snow boot. Not only did they fit (as if that truly matters) but they are a beautiful pearl white (not represented well in this picture) that perfectly matches my favorite coat. I wore them yesterday to walk the dogs and felt fabulous. Then it started to snow. They have been sitting by the front door ever since. What, you don't think I'd actually leave the house in blizzard conditions, do you? Luckily I bought Paul snow boots that look lovely with his matching shovel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment