Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Sunday, July 8, 2012

You Had Me at Carlos Santana

I'm sure you will agree that one of the most romantic scenes from a movie was from Jerry Maguire. When Dorothy Boyd told Jerry Maguire, "you had me at hello", your heart melted. Not to mention when Jerry said, "you complete me." Sigh, that is why we go to the movies!

And I'm not ashamed to admit that I had a moment like this two weeks ago. I work from home or am on the road so don't get to the office very much. But when I do, I figure why not wear a pair of killer heels. What's the point of all that beauty being confined to my closet, right? So as I walked into the kitchen one morning wearing these sexy ankle wrapped, cork heeled, multi-colored stilettos I just about fell over when my boyfriend said, "You look beautiful.  Are those your Carlos Santanas?"

I'm sorry... what?!? This is a race car driving, incredible at golfing, hard working, manly man.  He doesn't read In Style or fantasy shop on jimmychoo.com. How in the world did he know that? So I asked...

"You told me about them when you bought them.  Don't you remember I was on the phone?  Honey, I don't forget anything you tell me."

Seriously? Now I knew he was amazing before this moment but it just reinforced my admiration. And as I drove to work, with a smile on my face, I couldn't help but remember Dorothy and Jerry. Romantic moments don't only happen in the movies!


No comments:

Post a Comment