Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's On!!!


So I am sick of myself. Seriously. I have been a sloth for way too long. I know it is trite and predictable, but I have started working out (like every other human being on the planet this time of year!) My mode of torture: Jillian Michaels. She will not break me. OK, so she already has.

Some things you should know about me. I am not athletic. I danced as a kid and was a cheerleader but didn't make the volleyball or softball teams in high school. Well, technically, I didn't complete volleyball tryouts because when my friend Becky and I tried to get out of bed the day after our first tryout, she fell on the floor and I couldn't move. Talk about pain! I also love anything made with a potato and wine. What I don't like a lot of is fruit. So this is not a recipe for fitness success. Luckily, God blessed me with a crazy good metabolism so I've always been able to maintain my weight. But gravity is setting in and I don't want to hide from mirrors after a shower for the rest of my life.

So I am logging my food and working out. I have bookmarked Jillian Michaels' web site and am drinking the kool-aid. OK, I am drinking water but that doesn't sound as fun.

I should definitely use this as an opportunity to invest in some new sneakers... don't you think I deserve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment