Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Boston, Baby!

I love Boston. It was a great city to go to college in but an even better city to spend my 20's. I was able to walk to work and, living in the North End, walk to the best Italian eating around. (Not to mention great places for cocktails and wine). My friends were close by so we could get together for evenings in cooking and watching NBC Thursday (I'm dating myself now). And I swear I don't remember the weather ever being as harsh as the current winters are.

I miss it - the town and my friends. And wouldn't you know this year, right after the baby is due, our big Annual Meeting will be held there?  But I will be nestled in my house with Baby and Pups (and hopefully T depending on his work schedule!) So this past weekend was my last trip to Boston for a while... and it was all about Baby and me!

My fabulous friends and extended family threw me a baby shower. Even while opening gifts and eating yummy food I still couldn't believe it was for me. I've attended all my friends showers and am used to them opening the gifts but this was just overwhelming. Not only am I totally grateful for these longstanding friendships but also for the occasion which brought us together. Baby, T and I are blessed!

So this post is simply a thank you to my Boston Beauties and families. You are such a gift in my life and I love you all. I can't wait until we are together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment