Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You Think You Know Me, But...

Just because I am obsessed with fine footwear, does not mean I'm obsessed with fancy. I mean, it is easy for people to think that expensive shoes equals snobbery or highfalutin attitudes (and I didn't even know how to spell highfalutin until now!) but that's not all there is to me.

Beneath the stilettos, highlights and makeup is a pretty simple girl. I love my comfy clothes. I love a night out with pepperoni pizza, onion rings and cake. As a matter of fact, more than a night out, I like a night in with those same ingredients. Plus somebody to laugh with while stuffing my face.

I am not a champion of many things but am definitely #1 at il dolce far niente - Italian for the Sweetness of Doing Nothing. (If you don't know that phrase, run, do not walk to see or read Eat Pray Love immediately!) I love to lay like broccoli under a tree on a spring day or chill like squash beneath the moon on a starry night.

And the perfect footwear for all of these simple things? Flip flops, of course. And yes, it is OK if they have glitter on them! Is there anything wrong with making the simple things sparkle after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment