Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Messy in Fabulous Shoes

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reigniting the Passion

I'm an extreme person. I can't help it - I'm a Sagittarius! Seriously, though, there isn't a lot of gray with me. I'm happy or I'm sad. I'm angry or I'm not. I'm laughing or I'm crying. It's not the most relaxing way to go through life but, as one of my favorite people often says, "it is what it is."

With an extreme personality, however, comes an incredibly passionate nature. I'm fiercely loyal to my family and my friends - I would do anything for them. I throw 110% into my work because I love the job so much... even when I hate it.

Sometimes, however, I go through slumps. Times when it feels like life is passing me by and I can't catch up or keep my head above water. It's times like those when I need a jump start. Over the past few months, I've discovered new ways to get the fire going. Taking a moment to lay like broccoli and enjoy being outside (my version of stopping and smelling the roses). Golf (yeah, I said golf). Walking on a beach in the moonlight. Visiting a museum to see amazing art. Spoiling someone I love for no other reason than to see them smile. Seeing Dave Matthews play for 3 hours and remembering that is one of my favorite happy places. Allowing myself to close my eyes and dream... about incredible things that have happened and adventures I haven't yet taken - but know I will.

And I can't help but dream one of those adventures will take place wearing these 5 1/4" Christian Louboutin knotted suede pumps. How could you not feel passionate in a sexy black heel with that fire engine red sole? Oh, yeah, thinking what I will do in these beauties gets my furnace cranking!

No comments:

Post a Comment